Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shag Bands-colour Meaning

author 'Peace' hold level - Emma Donoghue 'Slammerkin'

Soon After reading 'Room' in the hands of another book caught my Emma Donoghue - Slammerkin (in free translation loose, but loose gown worn at the time by women).
literally fell because I was in a library book and give it to someone to put a cast in front of me on the counter. I knew that I have exams and course, I knew I should not, but I could not resist and I took her home. I wanted to check to see that the writer is only as good as I think after reading this one book? As I expected, I had no time for reading, I started it and I put on the bedside table, podczytywałam with a heavy heart, because stealing time to learn, and when everything pozdawałam, so I had enough English that had to turn to something in Polish and then lay set aside for later. I lost to her heart, but something I was enchanted by this story, something drew her, I decided to give her a chance, in the end is not the fault of the book that fell on evil times. Besides I liked the very cover, she did not innovative, but it attracted my attention as much as the story and did not begin until gave peace.
was fortunate that I gave her no unfinished. Plułabym himself in the chin. Emma Donoghue
this time takes us to the eighteenth century. Based on court documents from the proceedings of Mary Saunders, serving the Welsh province, which killed his mistress, for which he was sentenced to hanging or burning, and perhaps even to both penalties together. In those days it was a noisy affair. For information about the process and remains a story about this girl, Emma creates a fascinating story of growing up and the fall of a young girl. At the time she was hanging just 17, maybe even 16 years. Mary
childhood spent in London, in a poor family Węglarz - her stepfather, father, geek because he brought the family from the Welsh Moumouth (then it was England), to the capital and was descended. She was ambitious, she studied with the nuns, was also wolnomyślicielką and had a big mouth, for which her mother chastised eternally. His mother wanted him to have a good job (sewing), but seen as a mother and daughter was engaging in this profession can not allow yourself to anything, barely make ends meet, and sometimes is not what you put into the pot. She did not want such life. I was vain. Jednago I saw a beautiful color of hair ribbon, and in order to gain its initiation was held for her relationship with a man. She was 14 years old. This gave her confidence that alone can lead their lives. Mother throws her from his house, when it turns out she is pregnant. The street is pojamana by a group of men and raped so that losing a child, surely would die somewhere in the bushes, where he abandoned it, but it deals with a London prostitute Dolly, who takes her to himself, he heals, helps and pulls to the profession.
What happened to the baby, why Mary goes to London and incurs to serve the people, why ultimately kills his mistress, you will learn from a book you do not want to spoil the fun. That killed a known right away, it's not spoiler on my part, all bajer in shifting back in time and understand the motives. Like this story structure.

Throughout the reading of the story was happy with, I was not born in those times, when women were treated instrumentally, as tools for health, cooking and needs of men. Their life in most cases, was devoid of light, destined to grace swoich ojców, potem mężczyzn, nawet jeśli nie były służącymi, i tak wykonywały taką rolę wobec swojego pana, którym był właśnie mąż, czy ojciec, czy brat, u którego były na dożywociu.

Emma Donoghue nie tylko przejmująco pisze o Mary Saunders, ale też wspaniale ukazuje osiemnastowieczną Anglię, Londyn i prowincję, jak wyglądały wtedy miasta, czym się różniła stolica od reszty kraju. Przy okazji poznajemy strukture społeczeństwa w tamtym okresie, jak się objawiał status kobiety, stąd tak ważne miejsce zajmują stroje i kto, jak jest ubrany.
Obserwujemy Mary and her life, first regular street whore, then its efforts to break out of this, climb a rung higher, in those days, a risky decision to move (migration of people were not so discouraged), though the circumstances have helped her to take that step, and that require it from her courage. In all this is a great desire for freedom, and the social, personal, and that it was crucial to her awareness that even a prostitute can be proud, if you have paid for their services, because it gives her freedom. Unprecedented awareness in such a young girl.
Ostatecznie to ją właśnie gubi, niecodzienna u kobiety w tamtych czasach cecha - bezczelność dązenia do samostanowienia o sobie, do bycia panią samej siebie. Mary ma poczucie, że w swojej pani znajduje erzac rodziny i matki, która ją wygnała, ale i to nie pomaga, żeby stłumić jej naturę.

Piękna, wspaniała historia młodej dziewczynki, która dla wybryku staje się kobietą i spełnia swoje przeznaczenie w zaledwie kilka krótkich lat. Chociaż jak się to czyta, ma się wrażenie, że kilka życiorysów mogłaby tym obdzielić. Bo prostytutki w tamtych czasach żyły ostro i umierały młodo. A pity, because Mary had been given the chance, would be a remarkable woman.
I am glad that Emma Donoghue saved her from oblivion. It is a great writer and definitely read her other books yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment