Friday, April 15, 2011

Preparing Project For New Business

The Bookshop - Penelope Fitzgerald

This inconspicuous książczyna pretty surprised me. I found mention of it in Lirael.
I immediately knew it was something for me. But do not expect to do little more than a hundred pages. In total, I do not like thin księżeczek, but I struggle with that thinking, because I like what that little party, it immediately to anything? It is known that crap.
History describes 40-year struggle of a widow who decides to open a small English town bookstore. Not just anywhere, because in an old house, and for this the one in which haunted.
Immediately after the opening has a few ideas for business development, begins to lead a library, but quickly realizes that the council can not alone. Seeking someone to help and gets her ten-year-resolute. And it made me fool. I thought it would be just another cool story about ujutna mieścinach provincial, in the style chocolates. Although the atmosphere seemed a little dark, but I thought that I'm rather dark inside and it casts a shadow on the perception. But no, in Fitzerald nothing, what would we osłodziło it what happens afterwards.

Because in this novel, nothing goes smoothly, fairly quickly begins kiełbasić a whole gives us a message rather a - there is no justice in this world, sometimes those who are mixed, those who wish us ill , win and nothing to be done.
From the beginning the novel I felt a strange tension, a quiet town like this, like the time goes slowly, but under the cover of September. Then, with the introduction of for-sale 'Lolita' Nabokov, who in his own way, it is the hero of this novel, it begins to happen in the lid and never gives up that refrain.
difficult to write about the content so that it does not betray too much to not spoil you the pleasure of reading. Many of you read in English. This book costs a buck online booksellers (info for those któzy not have access to library books with English-speaking), is also on the reader Googlowym. It is worth to read it, it's worth a moment 'zamieszakać' in Hardborough and find out what happened to the bookstore, which was there once opened.
most captivated me in this novel that she is not sentimental, it is not written as the heartless chronicler, Fitzgerald is economical with words, but he writes so that effortlessly creates the image and the community, and the same main bogaterki.
only 100 something pages, so much emotion, so much content and is great anger at the fact that life is not so simple that even in the books do not find solace. At the same time aware that this is a book so close to life, are also closer to us. For sure I will read her other novels too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment