Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Images Of Highlighted Brown Hair

Nights of rain and stars - Maeve Binchy (audiobook)

My beloved Maeve Binchy, and this time I did not disappoint. Always reach for her, when I read the kind and wise novel, with the rest, as when his beloved grandmother's tales, when a tired child sits down at her feet. The course and exams, and have just finished, I had begun two books, in desperation I reached for the third, because I did not go those, and eventually read the ears, because while commuting on the train, I could hear it in your car.

action of this novel takes place in Greece. Never been there, but I've always wanted. I was wondering how to describe this country or Maeve Binchy. It is well known that, in seeking the right place and topic, which describes a novel happening in the medical community wrote after months of stay in hospital, do not be surprised if it turned out that the place described in Greece were her holiday destination.

on the Greek island of Aghia Anna, four people meet in a tavern. This is a very special night, because then just a cruise ship is burned, and killed people - tourists and Greeks who work there. This tragedy affects all. Join in pain with the owner of the tavern, in the face of this event, their relationship is extremely strengthen as people are on holiday.
Fiona - Irish nurse along with her boyfriend Shane, that no one consumes, Elsa - German TV presenter, David - shy Englishman who runs away from possessive mother and father who can not make a stand, and Thomas - Lecturer university of California, divorced, decided to disappear from sight his ex and her son when she goes out for the second time married. It is the story of one summer, we meet them all one by one, their motives, the story of how they were there, why and what they intend. Resolve to spend more time on the island than they intended, Thomas even a year, meet local people, zżywają with them, especially with Vonni, an Irish middle-aged, who lives there permanently. Conversations with the wise and experienced woman by force, help them make decisions.
This novel has done me well. Melted even in the Greek climate. If you think that is a classic chic-lit, then you are mistaken in error, as he said my mathematician. Anyway, I do not know if I'm going to Binchy uncritical. She can no common history to do something so ujutnego, interesting, touching, words that do not have.
A male dance scene after the funeral of the victims of a fire on board so moved me that I had to stop the car on the track, so I cried. And it's actually much, I have nothing clever to say here, because it is not for wisdom but about feelings. Just an inch Maeve Binchy.

Audiobook read Elizabeth Kiev and doing it well. I love her voice and manner of reading, listening to a few novels by it recorded, and always very happy when I see that once again she is a teacher.

Just two words about this Polish-cover is terrible, once again, in the case of this novel writer for the Polish market - great Skucha. In life I did not buy this book, I was looking for some czytadła, but not stupid. In contrast, our Irish edition has more in the atmosphere was even more fun, but I can not find it. Oh, no luck Maeve Polish editions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment